9.21.2010

My future house.

Ok, you've been asking, so here goes.  Our offer was countered, we countered and it was accepted.  We are excited but we also feel a little strange.  Are we really going to get what we've been dreaming of for 10 years?  Are we about to live the life that we've talked about late at night as we drift off to sleep?  Are we really doing this?   Remember this post?  It holds a special place in my heart.  And now, we are actually about to have a version of it.  I love love love that.  The Lord is good. 

Though you never know what will happen until the keys are in your hand.  Hopefully those keys are in our hands on October 22nd.   So, here are some pics.

This is the house.  It's a 60's rambler on 4.5 acres.  Across the street is 40 undeveloped acres of trees and hills and a creek that's open and free for the boys to roam.  It's all fenced pasture around the house ready for cows, pigs & chickens.  It has a year round spring in the front pasture and a well.  And it's got an amazing deck.


Here are some more views of that deck.


And here is the view FROM the deck.  This picture does not do it justice.  At all.  Right now it's all rolling hills of golden wheat and pine trees.  In the spring and early summer it's green and lush.  And hopefully in the winter it's soft hills of white. 


Here's the view from the deck looking another way.  That's ALL ours until the top of that hill.  You can see Mike and his brother in the middle of the image.


Here's the barn.  It's just the right size.  We hope that next spring we can fill it up with a milk cow, lots and lots of chickens and perhaps a couple piglets.


Here's the front room + the view looking out the window.  I love the mid-century styling of the pass-through fireplace.  I can't wait to get their stuff out, paint, and put my stuff in.  And then someday I can't wait to put some dark wood floors in to really take this place to it's best place.


Anyhow, that's all for now.  I'm sure you'll see waaay more than you'll like as I fix it up - SLOWLY fix it up since that takes lots of money, honey.  For now, all that house needs is a family of four boys and a mom and a dad.  And maybe a dog and a cat.

15 comments:

Sheree said...

That is amazing! Seriously, what a gorgeous piece of land. I love the deck. So cool. I can't wait to see what you do with the house.

Adhis said...

You lost me at "cat." Luckily, it was the last word.

I can't wait to see photos of you guys moved in that house!

Stephanie said...

HOLY CRAP! that place is incredible! we are totally visiting you guys!

JaNae said...

so beautiful! and I am so jealous!

Patria said...

oh megan! i'm so happy for you guys, this is perfect! although it was great you were finding happiness in your most recent suburban home- this is just so much more YOU! You guys will love it so much, i can feel it....congrats!!

Adhis said...

You're going to miss us so much that you'll not even notice those beautiful hills this winter.

John said...

Wow!! That is so beautiful. I am so glad that you are getting exactly what you want.

alison said...

megan i love love love love love it! you are going to make it so beautiful. more than it already is. cannot wait to visit you guys up there!

Amanda Warren said...

Megan, how exciting! What a beautiful home. I envy you! I would love to have my kids roam and play on acres of land. Good luck to you!

Kathy said...

oh. my. gosh. that is amazing and beautiful!!!!!!!!! that is so perfect for you. congrats!!!!!!

Sarah said...

So beautiful and so perfect! It gives me hope for my dream farm. It WILL happen...eventually.

Hostetters said...

YEA! I'm so excited for you! How fun to see where you'll be!!

Kevin Pratt said...

I think you should start the remodeling in the guest room:) "If you fix(build) it, they will come."

AL said...

dreamy, we're coming to see for ourselves.

Jen said...

Wow!! That is so amazing! I'm so happy for you. I really hope you guys get to stay there for a long, long time. It's like it was made for you.

click here to read why!

I'm a Mormon.

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails