12.23.2010

"Dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!"

We've been looking for a dog and a cat ever since we moved in - we've gone to shelters several times and called a lot of people on craigslist but it wasn't until last week that we finally found a dog that was the right age/style/breed and went for it.  His name is Yogi and he's a golden retriever mix.  We love him.  He's already so sweet and fun and protective and obediant.  Except with Peter - he's totally afraid of Peter.  Who knows why - maybe the fact that Peter was hiting and throwing things at him for the first few days he was here.  He quickly put Peter in his place with a bite and then another and another.  It seems now like we're getting that all figured out...a.k.a. Peter is giving Yogi loads of treats to convince him that he's a pretty good guy and he's stopped hurting him.  And then the other day I was looking at craigslist again - the craigslist app has made me an addict.  Anyhow, there were these two Maine Coon cats(a brother and sister) for FREE and I couldn't resist.  They are both fixed and up to date on their shots. 

I love Maine Coons - they are cute and smart and get HUUUGE.  So they came home the next day and hid for a full twenty four hours behind the washer.  And then yesterday out of the blue brother cat came out even with Yogi lurking and walked right past him -  swishing Yogi's face with his tail as he passed.  And Yogi who has NEVER experienced cats before totally played it cool.  They were fast friends and even though sister cat is still pretty nervous I'm sure in time they are going to be tight.  Needless to say, it made my day.  Here are some pics...


Anyhow, brother and sister need names - they're previous names Pepper and Oreo just aren't doing it for me.  I want something fitting and fun.  Brother is big and shaggy and sister is smaller and dainty and really pretty.  Here are some ideas...

Jem & Scout(To Kill a Mockingbird)
Bonnie & Clyde(I know, not sister and brother but cute anyways)
Donny & Marie
Adam & Adora(a.k.a. Heman & Shera)
Luke & Leah(a little on the nerdy side)

I don't know - any other ideas folks? 

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

Maggie & Jake (Gyllenhall) - only cause i like those names, not cause i necessarily like those people. i go back and forth on them.

Jackie-O and John (since you suggested a few couples)

Zeus and Hera

Mac and Tosh ;)

Sarah said...

Hazel and Fiver (I know they're both boys, but the names could go either way) -Watership Down

Ender and Valentine -Ender's Game

Tiffany and Wentworth -Hat Full of Sky (I know you've probably never heard of it. It just came to mind because I'm reading the latest book in the series right now)

And here's some couples:

Rob Anybody and Jeannie -Hat Full of Sky again. Sorry.

Marguerite and Percy -Scarlet Pimpernel

Cosette and Marius -Les Miserables

Odysseus and Penelope -The Illiad and the Odyssey

Sheree said...

Jem and Scout get my vote!

RightHahn said...

Such cute animals!!! The cats totally have Kojack faces:)

I think you have some great options picked out - are the boys leaning towards any?

Unknown said...

Jack and Jill
Butch and Sundance (sundance could be a girl name, right?)
Lucy and Ricky (Ricardo)

Unknown said...

sorry one more

Michael and Janet (Jackson)

Z. Marie said...

I like Donny and Marie. Or Luke and Leah. But Marisa's right, Butch and Sundance would be good, too. (We had dogs with those names when I was a kid, and Sundance was a girl.)

BTO said...

Are you using a 50 mm lens! Your photos are beautiful.
I vote jem and scout because I love that book
I also like Jesse and bullseye- toystory

Jamie said...

Big Dan and Little Ann from "Where the Red Fern Grows" (which if you haven't read aloud to your kids yet, you should)

sarah savage said...

what about belle and sebastian? those names seem fitting to me.

megan said...

Sarah! That's PERFECT! You've done it - they are now named Belle and Sebastian!

AND congratulations! I read the news in your mom's Christmas letter!!!!!

sarah savage said...

yay i win! haha, that's cool. and thanks! :)

carliedavid said...

Frick and Frack, Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee (you could call them Dum and Dee), or Ricky and Lucy.

click here to read why!

I'm a Mormon.

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails