Today was the first day that I finally felt like school worked in this house. It's been a long time coming with a lot of stress, some tears, and a lot of books on homeschooling leafed through. And in the end, all that needed to happen was a little reorganizing, some more patience on mom's part, and some loving kindness. Anyhow, today we worked on our letters to Santa which is ALWAYS fun.
Also, instead of filling our Advent calendar boxes with candy like usual we took some cues from Sheree and filled them with Christmas activities, like writing letters to Santa or ice skating or making gingerbread houses. To my surprise the boys didn't protest and they are still as excited to open them up each morning - at least so far!
p.s. I've had a lot on mind lately on "doing it all" and have a lot to say and a few life changes to make so pretty soon I'll fill you all in. I'm sure you're dying to know, aren't you?


8 comments:
It seems to me that "doing it all" is all in the eye of the beholder. I feel like you definitely DO IT ALL, maybe you don't see it that way. Wish I had as much energy and drive as you do.
I love the picture of the school room! All my kids are gathered round the computer checking it out--pretty jealous of that awesome chalkboard.
And we are loving the activities too--tonight we are painting nails red (keeping it simple since we had a x-mas party) and Miles is getting a massage. I'm guessing Christmas manicures aren't on the list in the Knorpp house!
love the room!
I love the room, too! Good luck with whatever life changes you're making.
Yes! I will love to hear to what changes you are referring.
The activities for an advent calendar is a great idea (from a great woman)!
Sheree, do you have a list of ideas on your blog?
Actually, I AM dying to know what you have to say about doing it all. I need to make some changes here, and I always learn a lot from you. So don't forget. :) Thanks for the phone call yesterday, too!
This room looks amazing!
Post a Comment