11.15.2010

School house rock.

Today was our first day in the nearly finished school room and already we all feel so cozy and happy in it.  It isn't completely finished yet - we still have to paint the table, put in a shelf, frame the home-made blackboard, and add the art; but it's finished enough for us to use it. Once it's completely done I'll post before and after pictures and what not.   But I still wanted to post and say what a difference it makes to have a large space dedicated to school.  A room without a television or even within earshot of one.  A room where we don't mind making a mess.  A room with space for everyone to be working at once and not bother each other.  I love it.

6 comments:

Adhis said...

oooh! And it has a place to burn books when your kids go through the anti-establishment teenage phase!

All kidding aside, that is a lovely room indeed.

Tyan said...

Wow! It's awesome. I can't believe you live FURTHER away from me now than you did before (we'll have to fix that someday) but I am so, so, SO happy for you guys.

Cindy said...

I love it. Your so creative Megan.

Jamie said...

Very cute Megan. I can't wait to see the before and afters. So where did you get your giant chalkboard? I have a friend who is looking for one.

Chantel said...

It's totally BEAUTIFUL! I'm so glad all your dreams are coming true! I know you're putting a ton of work into it too. Keep it up!

Cami said...

Love the school room. I would maybe go back to school if i could learn there!

And ps...I loooove the blueish teal light. I want it!

click here to read why!

I'm a Mormon.

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails