I have a lot to take after pictures of but most of it isn't quite finished. But since this was a quick fix I thought I'd share it. Here is the before of the light that hangs over our kitchen table...
And bless it's heart but it's ugly. Not the worst light ever but just plain ugly. Luckily in my sickened state I was still able to visit some thrift stores and found a $6 chandelier. I then spray painted it and tonight Mike took down the 1966 wagon wheel-ish light and hung it in it's place. It's cute and the color makes it less formal. It might end up with some shades on it but it's cute enough for now...
What do you think?



10 comments:
love it!!!
I really like the cool blue color. I can't wait to see more before and afters. :)
it's perfect! i love it! now share what color that spray paint is asap.
Love your taste!
wow. i scrolled down expecting to see a painted version of the wagon wheel one, but instead i saw something MUCH awesome-r.
also, those are some SERIOUS keys you have in the background.
I was going to make a joke praising the "before" light fixture but the "after" is just too awesome.
I will say, though, that the wagon wheel one with its globes remind me of when I visited Thomas Edison's home (long after he was dead-- I'm not THAT old) and walked through his work room. Good riddance.
Those keys are pretty awesome and have an interesting origin. We discovered they are to a magical kingdom (not Disneyland) below our house ruled by a race not too unlike the Oompa Loompa's. They have accepted us as their leaders.
Thanks everyone - and the before pic was taken before we even owned the house. So sadly the huge keys left before we arrived.
And the paint is Rustoleum Gloss in Night Tide.
oh no, i have no design aesthetic, the before one looks like the kind of lighting set up i would leave up...although i like your after a ton! megan, you've done more to make your house look cute in two weeks than i've done in nearly two years. i envy your ability to walk into something and throw down an awesome plan to create a fabulous space... these skills are lost on me, but i love seeing what you do! i have NO idea where you get your energy! you guys know how to "bring it!" lots o love!
I think I love it.
Post a Comment