11.07.2010

Hit the ground slumping.

On the way here - somewhere in southern Washington.  Before I realized I was as sick as a dog...

Did you know that on the first day of the rest of my life, a.k.a. the day we moved in, I got sick?  Like, really sick.  I'm pretty sure I got the flu.  A little ironic, I thought.   I actually thought a lot more negative thoughts about it than that.  I was B-U-M-M-E-D!  And it took me seriously an entire week to get well enough to get out of my pj's and start opening boxes.  What a bummer.  Anyhow, I am no longer sick.  Well, I'm a little sick.  Turns out that flu turned into a sinus infection but that is almost gone and I've got all sorts of energy and the like.   And today I went to church for the first time.  I had all sorts of ideas about how I was going to hit the ground running and learn everyone's names and make friends and instantaneously integrate into my new life.  But instead I was a ball of nerves and sometimes a little trembly.  And even though Mike swears I didn't, I think I even had that nervous bad breath.   Anyhow, so I'm not a super-human integrator.

As for the house, I love it.  And yet sometimes I am completely lost.  Sometimes the list of things I want to do to it gets so long I can hardly see straight.  I look up pricing and colors on my little phone until my fingers ache.   Anyhow, we've just about got the school room done - I'll post pics in a couple days.  And now we're working on getting all of the wood paneling painted.  And then...  where do I start?    But I love it.  I really really love it.  I feel like we've lived here a long time - like we're old friends me and this house.  Like she was waiting for us.  Made for each other.  Soul mates.  Anyhow, I just wanted to write a post since I finally have the internet. I also included some pics taken with my phone.  From now on pics will now be taken with my real camera but it was in the shop getting all spruced up and the like...

If you meld these two pictures together and make the hills a little bigger - that is what it looks like here.

It has been really misty and drizzly here which is beautiful - except when you're as sick as a dog.  But now I love it.

3 comments:

m. said...

oh. poor thing! we'll chat tomorrow.

RightHahn said...

Sorry you were sick!! Good luck with adjusting to your new environment - and with all your home plans:) You're awesome...you'll rock it...don't worry!

sarah savage said...

wow. those pictures are so dreamy. i'm so happy that you're in such a beautiful place! and good luck with your home renovations!

click here to read why!

I'm a Mormon.

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails