8.30.2010

The Gypsy Family

You know, I think my family is a band of gypsies in disguise.  Why?  Because we found out that we are once again moving.  This time to Spokane, Washington.   It will be our 13th home in ten years and three of those ten years we lived in one place.  We move too much.  Obviously.  This move will be different for me though - harder.  Every other time we moved it was an answer to prayer - a prayer for better employment, a better climate, a better place - but this time there was no such need.  At least not enough that we were praying for it.  If you remember this post - you'll remember that I am really happy where I am.  I've got the best neighbors IN THE WORLD.   I live in a dreamy cul-de-sac.  We have beautiful sunsets, great running routes, and the best of friends.  And we are leaving it all.

But it's not all bad.  In fact, it's kind of exciting.  See, Spokane is a smaller city - roughly 250,000 people - and it's surrounded by rolling farmland.  Yup, rolling farmland.  Which if you know anything about me you know that I've been dreaming of just that for a long time.  So, we'll see.  We go up in a couple weeks to house hunt.  And then once we close on something we move.  So, maybe 6 weeks from now I'll be a bonafide farm dweller.   A farm dweller who is crying because she misses her old place?  Most likely, yes.    

6 comments:

Katie said...

I'm sorry it will be hard. I will miss you for sure, and I regret that I didn't make better use of the time you were here!

Adhis said...

You will be missed.

Unknown said...

I'm wiping my tears.

Marie said...

Megan, I was sad to hear the news. You will all be missed. I'm glad Spokane has a few perks to look forward to. :)

carrie said...

you don't know me but I read your blog. I knew your brother in school. Just wanted to add my two cents. My mom grew up in Spokane and I lived there for a bit as a kid. My grandmother and aunt are still there and my family and recently visited in June. We really love it. The downtown area is small and quiet and charming. It is located right there by Riverfront park that is gorgeous and has great running as well. Not to mention my favorite little French cafe named Madeline's is downtown. Yummy pastries. The scenery can't be beat. Yes the farmland and gorgeous evergreens surround and the spokane falls are really beautiful. Best of luck to you and your family.

John said...

You know, that was the best neighborhood we ever lived in too. My husband's cousin Julie Ward just moved to Spokane. You should look her up. She is amazing and may be able to help you a little. Here is her house hunting post http://mikeandjuliew.blogspot.com/2010/08/house-hunting-adventure.html

I hope you can get your farm soon, and good luck with the move

click here to read why!

I'm a Mormon.

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails