Nine years ago today I became a mother. When they brought Elijah to me I had no idea of the joy that he and my other sons would bring me. I had no idea how much love a heart is capable of. I think both Mike and I would say that the day he was born was the day our lives really began. I just wanted to give a birthday shout-out to Elijah in pictures.
Elijah was a totally happy baby. He loved to play with anything that wasn't a toy and to spend time with other kids.
| Elijah around 9 months old. You'll have to excuse the awful quality of these older ones... |
| Elijah as a halloween cowboy. |
| Can you believe how much like Peter he looks? |
![]() |
| Elijah with 6 day old Andrew |
| Four years old! |
| Always always always curious. |
| A classic Elijah face - slightly mischievous, slightly embarrassed at the attention. |
| Elijah is always ready to laugh - he's layed back and optimistic. |
| And he's very very loving. |
| Baby teeth GONE! |
| Cheesy pic - first grade! |
| Harry Potter and Superman! Andrew looks JUST like Peter!!! |
![]() | |
| Elijah has always been really good at solo play - he's curious and self assured - and always ready to explore new places. |
![]() |
| Elijah age 7 - always a good older brother. |
![]() | |
| Elijah also has HUGE feet and he's really tall for his age. Here he is last year. |
![]() |
| He's often silly but can be really clever too. |
![]() |
| He's a mega absorber of information - and he wants to learn EVERYTHING!!! All I have to do is leave a book lying around and he reads it - his favorite subjects are science and history. |
![]() |
| Sweet boy. |
I love you, Elijah.








7 comments:
You're so right. He is an amazing boy. I love this tribute! Tell him Happy Birthday for me!!!
This is beautiful. You are a wonderful mother. I remember meeting Elijah as a baby. Time has completely flown by.
Elijah looks like Andrew in the pictures with the red shirt, and Andrew totally looks like Peter in the Halloween picture, I didn't think your kids looked so much alike. It was fun to see your progression in photography in those.
Give Elijah a big fat birthday smooch for me!
Happy Birthday Elijiah!
(p.s. He reminds me a lot of my oldest. Also, we were going to name him Elijah until we heard "LUUUUKE" at a BYU football game and decided on that instead. Also, are those BYU cabinets? Did you guys live in Wyview?)
Why yes, we did live at Wyview... did you as well? We were there starting when Elijah was 9 months old for a year - so I guess 2002ish. What about you?
what a wonderful tribute and pictures! your boys with those curly heads are always to die for cute. i want to soak up your home school skills. i daydream about it sometimes, but i don't think i'd be good at it. i love your education quote below- i definitely believe that and it sounds like elijah is thriving and loves learning- the best outcomes ever!
I remember seeing Elijah in the nursery immediately after he was born. He was so beautiful and healthy and my heart ached with love for him. He is wonderful and everything a mother could ask for. Megan and Mike, you are superb parents. I love you Elijah! Grandma Carlie
Post a Comment