Last night for FHE we went over to the visit the grave sites of some of my husband's family. We missed doing it on Memorial Day and wanted to get over there and show some respect for them by cleaning up their graves. Growing up my family lived far away from everyone else so we weren't ever able to do things like this, so I really enjoyed being able to.
We brought along some hand tools and trimmed up around the head stones and Mike's brother John brought some flowers. It was really nice. I hope they feel loved when they see their grandchildren and great grandchildren coming to visit.
I really like GG's and Bud's headstone. Families really can be together forever.
When was the last time you stuck your nose in a patch of clover? It smells so sweet. I hope clover grows over my grave some day.
Speaking of my future grave...it's so fun to walk through the cemetery and see all of the different styles. I totally want one with my photo on it. Slightly creepy but awesome.
All in all it was a really nice night. I'm so glad to live by family - living and dead. I'm sure I've got some ancestors buried around here. I really should find out so I can go and take care of their resting places as well.










2 comments:
we do this every year as well for brett's family. i love what it teaches my children & i love how well taken care of & frequented the cemeteries are here.
I can't tell you how many times I visited various cemeteries in Utah. I looooved doing that. I would take walks through them in various cities where we lived. Such a good feeling there. I wouldn't be caught dead in a cemetery in Houston...it would just be different...actually, I probably will be caught dead in a cemetery in Houston. Dang.
Post a Comment