6.27.2010

My favorite Artist...

I have a favorite artist and his name is Brian Kershisnik.   His paintings never fail to move me - to speak to me - to speak to the experiences I am going through - all while never being cliched or redundant.  I love them.  If I were rich - even just a little - I'd buy many of them.  I love to go to his site and look through his work and let them talk to me - let them remind me - let them heal me, in a way. 

I recently saw a link to an interview he did and I was nervous about watching it because I didn't want to be disappointed by him or his manner - but instead I was so pleased.  He was better than I hoped he would be.  You should watch it too - he has a lot to say on art - and on the process of creation.  It was good to be reminded.

And he has a thing for angels and I kinda do too.

4 comments:

Veeda said...

I love his work too. Also, I love yours.

Melanie said...

I know him, he's from my 'hood'-and yes, he's such a great guy, and super talented....just found your blog through your FB, your photos are amazing :D

Adhis said...

I loved the part of the interview where he talks about being 'wounded' and praying to God hoping the response would be a fix. Instead, it was an acknowledgment that yes, it hurts; keep at it. Loved that. What do we do given the circumstances?

sarah savage said...

what cool artwork! i think his art was onlu made better by his explanations. thanks for sharing!

click here to read why!

I'm a Mormon.

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails