I love love love mountains - especially Utah's mountains. When I moved back to Texas after college I ached for them. And this last weekend I got to spend A LOT of time in them while running The Wasatch Back. It's an 188 mile relay race that starts in Logan and ends in Park City. We had a team of 12 runners and we each had 3 legs. When you're not running you are acting as a support vehicle to whoever is. It was so hard - I felt so tough - but it was SOO much fun. I can't wait till next time!
For the race everyone comes up with a team name and then dresses up and decorates their van accordingly. We were "Sweet Spirits" and we decided to dress up like Biker Chics.
Here's an exchange - you have a slap bracelet you pass on to one another. It's exciting to wait for your runner to come in and to take off.
The team divides into two vans - 6 ladies in each. Each van will do their 6 legs and then take time off while the other van does theirs - and then back to your own van. This was our first down time on Friday evening and we really should have been sleeping but we were still all so full of adrenaline and it was so pretty. And who can sleep at 7 in the evening anyhow?
We really did try though. Sort of.
Our second legs started at 10:30 at night and didn't end until 4 in the morning. We drove down to our next exchange point in Heber and got breakfast at the famous Chicks. At least those of us who were still awake. Some of the team stayed sleeping in the van. The smart ones, at least.
All in all - even though I was BEYOND exhausted when I came home - it was so much fun and I really can't wait for the next one. AND I now have a Ragnar sticker on my car. That was really my main motivation...













5 comments:
I couldn't do that. There's no way I'd go without sleep AND no makeup.
Sounds super fun. I love how you documented the whole experience with photos...beautiful!
that looks/sounds SOOOO fun! you are looking REALLY good megan. Good job - be proud of yourself.
great pictures too.
Kathy - it WAS so fun. Wouldn't it be cool to do a Kingwood girls team? We should!
Yay--it's fun to see these pictures b/c I'm doing something like this in the fall btwn C.S. and Waco and I've never done it so I have no clue what to expect. Looks like mostly a ton of FUN!
Post a Comment