2.23.2012

If you're not using essential oils, why you should be.

What?  Essential oils?  Like olive oil?  Something you eat/cook with/grease things with?  Speaking of which, are they greasy?  Will it stain my clothes?

I know by now you've heard me mention essential oils on here but probably lots of you still have no idea what I'm talking about!

FIRST OFF, WHAT THE HECK ARE ESSENTIAL OILS?

Essential oils are the oils from plants - flowers, trees, leaves, stems, roots, peels or seeds.  Here is a peppermint leaf magnified so you can see the oils sacs on it:
 The oils of a plant are where any of it's medicinal or therapeutic benefits reside.  Probably most of us have heard that lavender helps with relaxation - and the part of the lavender plant that does that is in the oil of the plant.  And when you distill the oil from the plant it becomes as much as 70 times more potent than using that plant alone!  For instance, one DROP of peppermint essential oil is as much as 28 cups or more of peppermint tea!

Also, when I say "Essential Oils" I mean not just one type of oil but endless amounts of oils such as:

Lemon
Lavender
Peppermint
Melaleuca or Tea Tree
Oregano
Ginger
Cinnamon
Frankincense
Wild Orange
Bergamot
Clove
Patchouli
White Fir
Grapefruit
Myrrh
Basil
Clary Sage
Fennel
Coriander
Cypress
Geranium
Helichrysum
Wintergreen
Marjoram
Vetiver
Ylang Ylang
Thyme

Get the point?  There are endless amounts of oils and so many of them have powerful benefits.

Ok, SO WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ME?!

Well, if you ever have allergies, stomach aches, head aches, burns, cuts, wounds, injuries, back aches, colds, flu, infections, rashes, acne, depression or anxiety, sleep disorders, irritable bowel, or ANYTHING else wrong with you, you can count of mother nature to have a remedy!

REALLY?  WHY DO ESSENTIAL OILS WORK?  

I'd bet most of you believe that plants have medicinal benefits.  In fact, most traditional pharmaceuticals began when scientists noticed that certain plants had abilities to heal certain things.  They then took those plants into the lab, isolated what they believed was the chemical constituent in the plant that was helping and then manufactured a synthetic version of it.   And while I am SO grateful for the miracle of modern medicine, there are problems with doing that.  Don't believe me that there are problems?    They're called SIDE EFFECTS and you see them all the time on all those happy TV ads.  They range from excessive sweating to headaches to hallucinations and even death.

High quality, properly distilled essential oils have up for 1000 known constituents in them - probably even more that we haven't discovered yet!  And EACH of those constituents has medicinal benefits on its own so essential oils are POWERFUL remedies.  And they work FAST!  I can have a stomach ache from eating too many pieces of pizza and after applying an oil directly to my belly, I feel better within 60 seconds.  Crazy, isn't it?

IS THIS VOO-DOO?

 No - essential oils are rising in popularity and usage - in fact, Primary Children's Hospital in Utah just hired an essential oil expert to be a part of their staff to help them incorporate their use in their hospitals.   Why would they DO that?!  Well, not only have people been using essential oils for thousands of years but in the past couple of decades science has really started to figure out why they are so powerful and there are new studies coming out ALL OF THE TIME proving that.

ALRIGHT,  WHAT ELSE?

Essential oils are amazing - they work quickly, effectively, and with no side effects.  Plus - you can use them safely on your whole family including brand spanking new babies!  So, imagine a world where you rarely have to visit the doctor because you can proactively treat just about anything at home.  But guess what - it's not something I have to imagine - we treat everything with essential oils - every.single.day.  I would truly be unable to live without them and because of that we are healthier than we've EVER been - EVER.  While the rest of you are spending weeks waiting for a nasty cold to make it's way through your family - it's likely we didn't even get it.  And if one of us does happen to get sick, we're over it in a day or two without getting the rest of the family sick.  Amazing, isn't it?

I could REALLY go on for a long long time but that's not really appropriate for a blog post so I won't.  You know what it IS appropriate for?  A class or a webinar.  I'm teaching free classes all over the country all of the time - next weekend I'm teaching one in Spokane, the week after that I'll be teaching three in Texas.  BUT if you don't happen to live in any of those areas you can jump on our weekly webinars - every Thursday night. We go over the basics including which oils to use for what.  There are also giveaways so you can get some oils in your hands for  FREE!   Click here to register for the next webinar!  PS - it's free and open to anyone!


Ok, so this is kind of a part one on this topic - next I'll be talking about how essential oils are not even close to being created equal - in fact some brands are downright dangerous and toxic.  That's super important so if you're thinking of embracing a more natural healthcare then you must check back on that!  I choose to not only use but sell doTERRA's oils because their quality and safety are unrivaled.

Also, are you so interested in learning about essential oils that you think you'd like to teach classes on them and help others find out about them?  It's amazingly rewarding(even financially - check out these monthly numbers).  If you're feeling that way - totally email me and we can start talking about how that works!

PS - No, they aren't greasy and they won't stain your clothes, but you can eat and cook with them!

No comments:

click here to read why!

I'm a Mormon.

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails