2.08.2012

The Dress.

This September the company I work for, doTERRA, will be having their annual convention and at the end they have a gala where they award people who hit certain ranks.  And I want Mike and I to be getting one of those awards.  It's pretty great - they have a red carpet to walk down and people line it and cheer.  You choose the song that will play and you get to dress up.  Part of envisioning myself there is choosing the song and the DRESS.   Here are some dresses that inspire me:

First off, Mike and I saw "The Artist" a couple weekends ago and every shred of clothing in that was beautiful.  Not that having Berenice Bejo wearing them hurt at all.

Hair that makes you want to chop yours off.

Prettiest woman alive.

The dress that hasn't left me.
This last dress just won't leave my brain.  It was so beautifully beaded and sparkly with that perfect fat ribbon around the middle.  Ok, so those dresses are in a movie and not something I can walk into Dillards and buy.  Here are two dresses that are actually for sale that I would die for:

This dress is amazing.  But it's just a little over $800 dollars.  So, it's not for me.


This next dress totally hits the spot for me - the silver one.  I L-O-V-E it.  But it's like a bazillion dollars.  Out of the question.


So, perhaps I could make one?  As of now, my sewing skills are sub-par for this dress BUT I could get better by the end of the summer.  This pattern look like with some alterations it would work:

I'd do the black one on the bottom right with not such a high slit and add cap sleeves.  I like the idea of it being long - it's dressier.  AND it's an easy sew one.  This pattern might work too:

The only draw back on this one is the ruching.  I couldn't wear a belt with it like I'd like to.  I don't HAVE TO wear a belt...I just like the idea of the ribbon belt thing.

Anyhow, getting the award would not only allow me to get a dress but would also be seriously helpful in bringing Pearl home.  It would mean my income level was high enough to replace Mike's income plus some.  So, say a little(or big) prayer that we make it!

And if you haven't seen "The Artist" yet here's the trailer:

1 comment:

Madeline said...

love these dresses! Good luck making yours :) I secretly only not so secretly wish I could see you in the $800 dress cause you'd look FABULOUS! But Pearl is way more important. I keep trying to vote more, but I guess it's done letting me... I made my prom dress, and my mom and I ran out of time so as my date was walking through the door, my mom safety pinned and scotch taped me together HA! My advice, start now. Oh and we'll be expecting pictures :)

click here to read why!

I'm a Mormon.

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails