5.13.2011

A little madness in the spring is wholesome even for the King. - Emily Dickinson


We have gone slightly mad.  Already sunburned - never shoed - or indoors.  We cannot get enough of our lover Spring.


That includes but isn't limited to adopting a kitten - Marmalade.  Who could say no to her orangeness?

We also got some foster hens from a friend - which means instant eggs.  I love it.  Yesterday while walking inside with three warm eggs in my hand my heart leapt within me.  I am in love with my life.  30+ hens and counting...


But with that madness has come some interesting DEVELOPMENTS...


Do you know what is wrong with this picture?  Yes, it is slightly obscene - but it shouldn't be.  This pig is supposed to be castrated.  Is he?  No, no he is not.  Which means we can't let him get over 200 lbs(around the time of sexual maturity) or else his meat will be tainted and yucky.  So, Mister Mister, you're gonna be bacon a lot sooner than we expected.  Like in less than two weeks.    I'll take pictures, I promise.


So, farewell Porkchop - it was good while it lasted.

7 comments:

Adhis said...

I'm sad for Porkchop.

Get a little ballsy and the world puts you on the chopping block.

John said...

I love your photography!!!!! I wish you were here and could take pictures of my kids.

Laine said...

I'm coming out of the closet... Glad to see you like your kitten!

Unknown said...

It's so great! The pictures are beautiful, and your life is dreamy. I can't wait to visit.

RightHahn said...

That's a great quote! Fits perfectly for a busy brood of boys;) Good luck with bacon-izing Porkchop! Are the boys attached to the pigs emotionally? I remembering being sad when our pig was slaughtered...but I still ate the bacon:)

RightHahn said...

oops...I meant remember

sarah savage said...

megan, your pictures are always beautiful (even when taken from a camera phone) and your posts are always so dreamy. thanks for sharing this little piece of your life with us! i feel like maybe i can live a little bit vicariously in the country through you. :)

click here to read why!

I'm a Mormon.

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails