My mom is amazing. Ask anyone who knows her and they'd same the same thing. She's a painter, a glass worker, a fiber artist, a singer, an interior designer, and because she has perfect pitch she can play just about anything on the piano - in any key you'd like. And I love to watch her play - her beautiful hands dancing across the keys. I wish I could watch her more. Maybe once she and my dad are back from Brazil...(hint hint, nudge nudge, Mom).
And now, she can do it in my home since yesterday we became proud owners of a piano. We had a piano in the past - a free one - which means it looked and sounded free too. So once we realized it had became more like a holder of random papers and water cups than an instrument - we got rid of it. But lately I've been determined to get back in the game with a better piano. And I found the perfect fit. It's an old player piano - refinished and it's "guts" removed and replaced with a digital keyboard. Pretty cool, eh?
I love that I got the satisfaction of having something used and "seasoned" but also something new with little upkeep. Golliwog's Cakewalk...here I come.


4 comments:
I'm just excited that we have the bench to use at the kitchen table now if we need it.
LOL. That is hilarious! My brother and I had to share the piano bench at the dinner table when we were younger. We had 9 people to seat at a 6 person table!
I love it! It is beautiful.
I really love this! It's So Great! I grew up with the piano bench being the place where squabbling siblings sat with their arms around each other ;)
Post a Comment