5.23.2011

I'd rather chase smelly pigs than try and keep up with the Joneses.

Taken with my phone - the camera is in the shop.

Up on the hill the apple blossoms are emerging and truly  if you've never smelled an apple blossom you're missing out on one of the sweetest smells on earth.  All around there are cherry blossoms, pear blossoms, and all sorts of assorted flowers.  And sometimes the breeze will bring their scent right to me which makes me stop right where I am and drink it in.

While it's true that farms can be smelly places - I know from first hand experience that this is true - the air on a farm has times when it's sweeter than any perfume you can buy.  I think that is part of why I love farms and why I felt so stifled in a neighborhood.  I love the romanticism of wildness and nature we have here - manicured lawns and double car driveways are not for me.  Give me muddy, smelly boots over the HOA any day.

2 comments:

Adhis said...

I'd take a root canal over the HOA. ;)

Patria said...

your blog is a breath of fresh air! ok, so mark's family has a reunion next august (over a year away) but we'll be in Idaho for that and i'm fantasizing about road tripping with the kids over to see you guys while we're there. i know it's too far in advance to know for sure, but we think it would be wonderful if the stars aligned for that!

click here to read why!

I'm a Mormon.

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails