4.13.2011

Sometimes our worst nightmare becomes our happiest dream come true.

Two and a half years ago I said something along the lines of "if that happened it would truly truly be my worst nightmare come true.  It was a couple months after Peter was born and Mike and I were talking about the idea of accidentally getting pregnant.  Little did I know that a matter of weeks later I would find myself accidentally pregnant!  The day I found out I was floored.  You can read the post I wrote to announce it.   I really wasn't sure then if I would make it through the next year and a half of my life.
Peter's first birthday - Asher's one week birthday.

And now, I'm so so SO grateful that my worst nightmare came true.  How happy we are two have "the babies".  I guess since Asher turns two next week and Peter three the week after that they are not really "the babies" anymore but maybe they always will be to me.

And I can't wait to celebrate another birthday week with these guys.  Each year for exactly one week they're the same age.  I'm sure this coming week with double two-year-olds will be filled with lots of mess and tears and bruises - but most of all - with joy.  Here are a few shots of the two of them together from the past couple years.  I can't wait to do a photo shoot with the two of them during the birthday week!

 


So even if you feel like everything is falling apart in your life - know that often it has to fall apart to be put back together as something even better.

7 comments:

Amanda Warren said...

Beautiful family and beautiful photos! I think you and I have the same sofa. Did you get it at Macy's?

Elijah said...

Do we? I got mine in a set of three pieces at Costco... it's not super cool but it's cute and easy to keep clean!

Unknown said...

I felt the exact same way after I found out I was pregnant with G. It was the worse possible timing -Hike was under a year old, and my husband was about to go to Korea (without us) for a year. I didn't know how I would possibly make it through the next 12 months, but I did, and it was so worth it. Best accident EVER!

Chelseapratt said...

I looooove this post. What amazing blue eyes these cuties have. Thanks for the nice message. I love you:)

ellen said...

Cute Irish twins you've got there! (I've got a brother 13 months older than me and one 19 months younger!)

Adhis said...

Um...
I am being extra, EXTRA careful to avoid any situation bearing any sort of similarity. No. No, thanks.

But, hey, good for you!

RightHahn said...

They're the cutest - and you are handling it so, so, so well!! And I can totally sympathize with your 'falling apart' comment:) Well said!

click here to read why!

I'm a Mormon.

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails