Honestly, most days I really do pinch myself when it comes to how amazing it is out here. I love it - I think it's one of the prettiest places I've ever been - and it's where I live and what I look at as I wash the dishes. And now the beauty of where we live has outdone itself by welcoming in the spring.
It's the time of year when the first flowers are pushing through the dead leaves and cold soil. The time of year when indoor kitties become outdoor kitties.
It's the time of year when boots are nearly enough and when new puppies are in heaven. Come summer - we'll leave the boots and shirts behind too.
It's the time of year when teenaged chickens are going through their awkward phase and toddlers are discovering the joy of the outdoors again(all while wearing last year's t-shirts).
It's the time of year for fattening up piglets and for using slingshots(that might accidentally break barn windows).
Of course there are days when all I think about is the dishes or the tight budget or the tight jeans I'm wearing...but as soon as I step out the door it begins to melt away into this. The other night Mike and I went out to feed the pigs after dark and we were serenaded by two great horned owls hooting to each other. It was magical.







6 comments:
so beautiful! i can't wait to come see it in person!
it's such a treat when you update your blog.
Wow. I felt like I was breathing real air for a minute. :)
ditto on the above comments. oh my GOSH i want to come visit TODAY.
You continue to amaze me. I can feel your energy and zest for life through your pictures and words.
Love this post. I am living vicariously<3
Megan,
In the top right picture, are those peonies? I hope they are. Peonies are my favorite flower these days and it makes me happy to see those little red feathery things starting to poke out of the ground!
Post a Comment