3.01.2010

Proud Daughter.


It is 10 AM on Monday, March 1st 2010 and as I type my parents are entering the Missionary Training Center in Provo, UT.  Today is the first day of their 18 month service mission where they will serve down in Sao Paulo, Brazil after two weeks of training in Utah.   And I am proud of them.   While other couples their age are retiring and taking it easy, they are sacrificing money, time, and comfort to serve the people of Brazil.  They will be working in an employment office helping people better their lives.   I am so excited.  I have awesome parents.  They're crazy, weird, funny, outgoing, loving, and a powerhouse of spirituality.  I can't wait to hear about their adventures.  Brazil has no idea what's about to hit them...

7 comments:

RightHahn said...

Their blog is cute! I'm sure their adventures will be even better:) I can already hear your mom talking about all the bloopers they will have!

Kathy said...

oh wow!!!! that is really exciting! they'll do great. really great.

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful pictures of your parents and a beautiful tribute to them.

Patria said...

love these pictures! what an incredible experience they have coming! i love your parents and i know they will make a beautiful impact in their service. i'm so grateful that i got to come to texas as a kid to get to know your family. i still have several crafts your mom made as gifts over the years. one is this really neat beach scene she crafted with fabric that was me and you...now it also looks like ruby and atticus at the beach and it's hanging in their room. your mom was one of my favorite extended family members while growing up...she is so real and genuine. love to the Arntsen's!

Kevin Pratt said...

I got teary-eyed reading the tribute. I am excited for them, too!

Kricket said...

I am excited for your parents. My parents just got to South Africa last week for an 18 month mission too. If you haven't seen our blog lately you might want to check it out. We are having a baby in July. Are you done with that cradle? We will need it soon.

megan said...

Kricket - what a terrible friend I am for not knowing that! We ARE done with that cradle. I need to bring it down to you. I don't think I have your number though...

click here to read why!

I'm a Mormon.

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails