3.25.2010

Dressing for your Session...


The number one question I get asked before a session is, "What should we wear?" so I thought I'd post about it and let you all know how I wish you'd dress.

First off, at your session I want to capture you - the best you, the happiest you, the real you.  So wear something you feel all of those things in - wear something cute.

Second, wear something comfortable.  I want you to be able to move in your clothes.  Don't wear something that you have to tug at or you're uncomfortable in - and DON'T put your kids in anything they hate wearing either.   Make sure everyone is cozy and happy in what they are wearing.  And don't forget the weather when considering that - if it's cold - where warm clothes and if it's hot - wear something cool.  That seems intuitive but we can all get a little crazy when it comes to picture taking.

Third, do not match.  I am sorry but unless you head out the door on a normal cute day with everyone wearing navy polos and jeans, don't wear it to one of my sessions.  I have been there, done that - in fact, I think we all have.  I just don't want to do that anymore - I want to capture the real you.

And finally, DO NOT dress like you are going to a photo shoot.

p.s.  Did you see that I am posting another image from the Vuissa family session?  I am so in love with these pictures and this family.  I can't wait to post the whole session!

 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My friend Harmony is a photographer and she HATES when people match. She also said she tells people if they absolutely can't think of what to wear, they should wear something that would look good in their their living room -cuz that's where the picture's probably going to end up. I thought that was funny.

click here to read why!

I'm a Mormon.

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails