7.18.2011

Essential Oils - My Gateway Drug To All Things Healthy


In October of last year I became a huge fan of essential oils. I had tried them here and there over the years but it wasn't until last fall when a friend gave me some Doterra oils that I started replacing medicines in our cabinet with them. And now it's gotten to the point where nearly everything, if not everything, has been replaced with an essential oil. And not just because it's cool - but because they work BETTER.  It's pretty radical, actually. And so, I am in love.

And this love has brought with it some unexpected travelers. Not only am I in love with the oils so much that I actually became a rep, but it has opened me up to a whole new level of understanding of my body and my spirit and how the two work together to keep me healthy. The first change I noticed was that I started decreasing the toxic load I place on my body. I started looking around my home - at my toiletries, my cleaners, my food, and asking myself if it was a product that was aiding in the health of my whole self. And so I threw a bunch of stuff out, which I think is pretty cool. And the oils have made me look internally to see if my stress levels and moods are ones that are aiding not only in my health but in the health of my family. And I've started to make changes in the ways I deal with my loved ones as well as myself. And if you'd believe it, the oils have even helped me strengthen myself spiritually. They have increased my faith in the Lord because I've seen how well they work and it reminds me that He has provided for our needs. It has made me want to rely less in the "arm of flesh" in other ways and more on Him. It has helped me to see that "all things denote that there is a God"* and that many of those things will actually help us draw closer to him as well. And in that new found searching I have found beautiful quotes like this one from Parley P. Pratt on the effect of the Holy Spirit:

"It quickens all the intellectual faculties, increases, enlarges, expands and purifies all the natural passions and affections, and adapts them, by the gift of wisdom to their lawful use. It inspires, develops, cultivates and matures all the fine toned sympathies, joys, tastes, kindred feelings and affections of our nature. It inspires virtue, kindness, goodness, tenderness, gentleness and charity. It develops beauty of person, form and features. It tends to health, vigor, animation and social feeling. It develops and invigorates all the faculties of the physical and intellectual man. It strengthens, invigorates and gives tone to the nerves. In short, it is, as it were marrow to the bone, joy to the heart, light to the eyes, music to the ears, and life to the whole being."

Isn't that beautiful?  I especially like the part where he says it invigorates ALL of the faculties and how he said it actually makes thing become more beautiful.  I believe that.  I really believe that as we have the spirit of God striving in our hearts it is working in each individual molecule in us.  Filling it with light and helping it to heal and work better.

In the end, I am so grateful that my journey into the world of essential oils has just begun and yet it has already opened my eyes and my heart to a whole new wellness - a truly holistic view of how to care for myself and my family.

And P.S.  Doterra oils are THE best.  The End.  

P.P.S.  Call me or email and I'll talk your ear off all about why.

*Alma 30:44




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful post.

Adhis said...

I agree. God has given us all the things we need on this earth.

David and I were just talking about this last night during Family Home Evening and have recommitted to reducing the "convenience" foods that have crept into our home over the last year. I have recommitted to regular nutritional cleansing as well to reduce my toxic load.

I love that God provides for us.

Michael Knorpp said...

As long as Hot Pockets and Bagel Bites are still on the menu, I'm okay.

megan said...

I don't think I have EVER purchased hotpockets or bagel bites in our entire marriage. Tony's Pizza and Lil' Smokies, yes, but none of that other junk!

Dan and Dee said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWWL5CNldA0&feature=player_embedded#at=122

check this out if you haven't. Krista Naihe is homeschooling her kids and she had this on her site. Very interesting.

click here to read why!

I'm a Mormon.

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails