I haven't blogged in forever but since my in-laws are coming in to town this evening and I've got T-O-N-S to do I thought now would be the perfect time!
It has been CRAZY here - we now have 39 chickens, a pony, two llamas, eight goats, three cats, and a dog living here. Five of those goats are pregnant. Actually - three have had their babies in the last 10 days - and goat kids are the CUTEST thing on the face of the planet. I got to play James Herriot and deliver the ones that came so far - I will probably miss the other two births because I leave tomorrow to go to girl's camp - thus why my in-laws are coming to town. They are VERY graciously driving up here to watch my four monkeys for the week - not to mention all of the animals.
I mentioned James Herriot and for real - because I am reading his series of books I was able to keep my cool. If I hadn't read story after story of his where he has to reach his hand into an animal's rear end then I might have felt more squeamish about doing it myself. But, thanks to James, I was good to go.
And with all of the animal births and other spring duties around the farm - my house has been a MESS! I am not naturally a clean person anyhow but when you add like 50 chores to the list of to-do's you have to start prioritizing. And unfortunately for the kitchen - birthing kids scores higher than dishes. Luckily though, we're coming down from the craziness and the dishes are once again getting done.
And we've had a wonderful June. My brother Weston and his lovely prego wife Alison came into town. It was the first real visit from anyone and it made our house feel real. After we moved it was almost like all of our friends and family in other locations stopped living and we entered some weird fourth dimension. But having them visit seemed to pop that bubble. And it was so nice to have someone come and see the beauty of where we live and like it too. Not to mention seeing them. :)
And then the Wingers came into town and I have to say that it was one of the funnest weeks we've ever had as a family. Their kids and ours played endlessly outside, we cooked, we ate, we made soap, we talked - it was the best. And Sheree was such a gracious visitor that when she left it was like my fairy godmother had visited. She cleaned my car top to bottom and filled it with gas and had showered me with birthday gifts while she was here. Thanks, Sheree. Best.friend.families.
So, where are all of the photos? My camera is still on the outs - I have been a little lazy about sending it in to the shop. So instead here is a movie the boys and I made a month or so ago. It's life changing, I promise.

8 comments:
That was the most grotesque witch I have ever seen!
yep... my life just changed a little. lol that was awesome! Have fun at girl's camp! I'm so wishing I was still a YW haha not really but kinda
That was awesome! Brilliant how the hole in the window was your hat...amazing. I was thoroughly entertained by this:)
Megan, I love you! That was awesome!
Oh man that is Hi-lar-ious! Perfect music for it too.
I am in shock with how many animals you have! You are truly a supermom!
such a funny movie. my favorite line was the last one. highly laughable (excuse the pun).
Wow!! What talent you have!! OXOXO
Post a Comment