There are few things as beautiful and magical as perfectly formed snowflakes falling from the sky. The intricacy of each one makes you catch your breath. You can't help but feel that they are little gifts to remind you that you're not alone - that Someone cares and made sure that little snowflakes falling from the sky would remind you of that. I know that's cheesy but I mean it.
Last week I took the dog out for a walk across the street in the 40 acre woods and took my camera along. I left feeling uptight and stressed but came back quiet and happy. Following the deer tracks, the snow was fluffy and deep, Yogi was in complete bliss, and all was still and beautiful. Here are some pictures...








7 comments:
Love it!! There's one in Elijah's hair that's a perfect star ... so cool. It's easy to forget that snowflakes really can, and do, look like that!
Isn't it cool!? Growing up in Texas we never knew these things! Also, that's Andrew... He's growing up!
I thought that was Elijah too! I'm a bad dad.
Awwww - I totally messed up! Thanks for trying to back me up, Mike:) Andrew's hair seems so much lighter to me ... sorry!!
And you're right, Megan ... snowflakes are very novel for those who didn't grow up with snow. It's hard not to imagine the worlds that might exist in them:)
Wow- I've never actually seen a real one look like that.
GORGEOUS!!! We've hardly had any snow this year, though we finally have some today. Mind if I ask what lens you used on the snowflake closeup?
B.e.a.utiful. Loving it, I am so glad you are living the dream! It' been a long time coming and I couldn't be happier for you guys. Although I wish Washington were closer to Texas. Then I would be happier. :)
Film or digital? Sooooo clean and beautiful.
Post a Comment