4.11.2010
The weekend.
Yesterday the grandparents were in town so we headed up to take the Kennecott Mine tour. If you didn't know it - that mine is one of the largest man-made structures on earth. What you are looking at in this pic used to be a mountain. Ordinarily I would be really bothered by that but I don't ever try to cut back on my copper usage so how can I say that they shouldn't mine so much?
It's actually pretty interesting up there because you can actually see the operations going on below you in the mine. Can you believe this tire? The trucks that have tires like this one are as big as a house. Pretty fun to see in action.
I am crazy about this baby. He turns one in a couple weeks. My how the time flies for us mamas.
I always always wanted to pay to use one of these so yesterday we did. Annnnnnnnd, it was amazing. Not really.
Here's some Kennecott propaganda. I'm cool with that.
This boy is the king of wardrobe malfunctions. He was literally wearing his hat around like this. His shoes are always on the wrong feet - and his underpants are ALWAYS hanging out. Most days every article of clothes he's wearing is on backwards. I love it.
After the tour and a fast food lunch(I proudly abstained) we said our goodbyes and headed home. We spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning out the garage which was the perfect preparation for a driveway campfire.
Don't they look happy? Trust me, the wienie roast and marshmallows were amazing.
Mike's parents gave us this firepit and we hadn't used it yet so we st it up on the driveway. We were a little ghetto but it was fun.
I love Timpanogas. And I love living in Utah. And I love smelling like campfire. And I love that my husband can roast marshmallows perfectly.
Roasting a marshmallow perfectly takes a watchful eye - don't even think about chit chatting or looking at the beauties around you because right when you do that marshmallow is going to go up in flames. It also requires patience because you have to find just the right spot over the fire that will roast and not burn it - slowly turning it and making it perfect. But if you do these things you will get the best marshmallow of your life - roasted and crispy on the outside with a warm lava of sweetness inside. So good.
All in all it was a great night. We let the two oldest stay up late and we spent our time throwing tumbleweeds and old branches left over from spring storms onto the fire to watch them flame up. It was great.
I can't wait to go camping for real.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













5 comments:
The last driveway campout I had with you was more ghetto - you dug a fire pit in your driveway. You're white-trash talents are slowing slipping... :)
I dug a fire-pit IN my driveway? Lins - you have the memory of an elephant. Why can't I remember that? When was that - tell me!
next time you go, you have to go to the Copperton park with all thing tires to play on. your boys would love it!
Looks like a wonderful day!!!
it's only ghetto if you roll out the couches around the fire pit :)
Post a Comment